Itchy Hands

snip.cut.paste.tear.crumpled.glue.glitter.crayons.markers.stickers.paint.colours.mould.twist & roll!

Organiser DIY

Made this organiser for myself when I was in Poly. With my daily $6 allowance (during my schooling days), getting a nice and fancy organiser would definitely burn a big big hole in my pocket. I decided to DIY. And so, I visited MUJI (at Bugis SEIYU) to get a $4.50 plain cover single line book.

During that semester, I took Colour and Composition with my friends as one of my elective from Design School. It taught us how to mix primary colours to get the secondary ones and also how to mix and match them. I thought maybe I could make use of what I had learnt to create something nice and useful.

And tadaa....

I used different hues of orange (warm colour) as the border on the front cover. Like something that's bright and cheerful.

These colours perked up my mood a little when jotting down the endless ASSIGNMENTSsssss from our lecturers.

Inside

A pocket at the back for small pieces of notes. I used it mostly to store my receipts and coupons.

Good thing to DIY is that you are able to personalise your organiser. You can add inspiration quotes; pictures of your family and friends, add a transparent pocket or a Mickey calendar if you like etc... =)

Labels:

Wednesday, April 18, 2007